My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Monday, October 1, 2012

Two languages & one blog/ Deux langues pour un blog


Hello Lovelies!

I have two special changes that I wanted to let you know about. First is that I’m going to blog in French too, second is that I will change my blog name.


Why? I started my blog in English when I was living in FL and had a majority of English speaking readers. Now that I’m back to Ivory Coast and French being my maternal language, I feel the need to talk to my French speaking followers and to be understood from both audiences.


I also wanted an easy to remember blog name with a linguistic connotation that would appeal to all of you, “Karine’s Vernis Club”,  let me know what you think of it!

Have a great day and talk to you soon
Coucou!

Alors j’ai deux surprises que je voulais partager avec vous. Le premier est que je vais blogger en français et le second est que je vais changer le nom de mon blog.


Pourquoi? Quand j'ai commencé ce blog en anglais, je vivais en Floride avec une majorité de lectrices anglophones. Maintenant que je suis de retour en Côte-d'Ivoire et le français étant ma langue maternelle, je ressens le besoin de parler aux francophones et d'être comprise des deux audiences.


Je voulais un nom de blog facile à mémoriser avec une connotation linguistique qui resonne “Karine’s Vernis Club”. Dites-moi ce que vous en pensez!


Passez une bonne journée et à bientôt

9 comments:

  1. I think the new name is awesome =) It sounds very classy, which is exactly what I think of when I think of your blog (and you <3!) =D And as long as you keep up in English so I can read it too I am happy <3 Maybe I'll even pick up some French =O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new name!! I love that you will be blogging in French now too because I am always trying to improve my French =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the name sweetie and it is indeed a great idea to blog in French as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being bilingual I know the strife of blogging in two languages! Good luck and the new name is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much to all of you! I'm sure by next month, you will all be able to pick up some French :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the name of your blog, and I love that it can help me brush up on my Francais.

    Tres bien!

    lovenailpolish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I was wondering if you can please help me figure out how to get the double column template?? I really need some help with this because I am trying to translate to content of my blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...