My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Thursday, November 8, 2012

No H8 Day - Say YES to tolerance and NO to bullying

Bullying is not funny. It is not cool. It is not right. And more importantly, it is not okay. Most of us are, thankfully, residents of countries that support tolerance and many of our families have settled in these places simply for that reason. Generations later, it is our responsibility to perpetuate that message of tolerance across our new social platforms, including the internet. As members of the nail polish blogging community, we all share a love of beauty, color, and lacquer. Other than that, we are remarkably different: from our race to our religion to our hair color...even to our polish application techniques. To marginalize anyone because of those differences is completely unacceptable and today I take a stand against that. I refuse to allow other people's view of "normal" dictate how I behave, believe, and blog. In solidarity with a multitude of bloggers linked below, my purple manicure represents my proud commitment to the No H8 movement. Today, November 8, I dedicate my post to ending bullying of any kind and to encouraging diversity and imperfection among our colorful community.

My mani is a polish from French brand Salomé. I stamped the peace sign with Bundle Monster plate BM 320 and Kleancolor Metallic Purple. Thanks for reading and I hope you will take a stand against any type of bullying.

Intimider n'est pas drôle. Ce n'est pas cool. Ce n'est pas juste. Et plus important encore, ce n'est pas ok. La plupart d'entre nous sont heureusement habitants de pays tolérants et beaucoup de nos familles se sont installées dans ces lieux tout simplement pour cette raison. Des générations plus tard, il est de notre responsabilité de perpétuer ce message de tolérance à travers nos nouvelles plates-formes sociales, y compris l'Internet. En tant que membres de la communauté des nailistas, nous partageons toutes l'amour de la beauté, la couleur, et du vernis. A part ça  nous sommes remarquablement différentes: de notre race à notre religion à notre couleur de cheveux ... à nos techniques de pose de vernis. Marginaliser quiconque en raison de ces différences est totalement inacceptable et aujourd'hui je prends position contre cela. Je refuse d'accepter que la «normalité» vue par les autres dicte comment je me comporte, crois, et blogue  En solidarité avec une multitude de blogueuses ci-dessous, ma manucure violette représente mon engagement au No H8 mouvement. Aujourd'hui, 8 Novembre, je dédie mon article pour mettre fin à l'intimidation de toute sorte et à encourager la diversité et l'imperfection au sein de notre communauté colorée.

Mon vernis est de la marque française Salomé.  J'ai stampé le signe de la paix avec la plaque Bundle Monster BM 320 et Kleancolor Metallic Purple. Merci de me lire et j’espère que vous agirez face à toute sorte d'intimidation.





8 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous, thxxx for the support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thanks to you for the iniative, it was with pride that i did this mani :)

      Delete
  2. I love this mani so much Karine! Beautiful inspiration and combo, that metallic purple is so great for stamping! And it matches your glitter perfectly!

    Great job on supporting a great cause, I appreciate you so much for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Leaticia :) I'm running to your blog to see what you did :)

      Delete
  3. I can't believe I spaced this! I totally had it in my mind to participate, but alas, there's a beautiful green on my nails today. Anyhoo, that Salome color is so lovely and delicate. Awesome mani, awesome cause, and I love that there are over 100 bloggers in on this. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liesl! Well its never too late to do good so you can sparkle that green mani with some purple glitter and join us :)

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to fix up my post but I can't find the inlinkz code to add to it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry im on my phone i will send it to you when i get home

      Delete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...