My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Guest Post by I Feel Polished


Hey lovelies! This is the 1st installment of guest bloggers on Karine's Vernis Club. I have a handful of friends who will share their favorite nail art technique with you. Let me introduce you to the adorable Heather from I Feel Polished  who kindly accepted to do another guest post for me :) I loved the sugar spun nails she shared with you more than a year ago, so of course I thought of her to keep you ladies in awe while I'm away. For the newbies, Heather and I met in the Florida Polish Society group and I became a fan of her blog where she shares simple, yet amazing nail art techniques. Thank you Heather!

***

Hello again, everyone! It's Heather from I Feel Polished! When Karine asked me to write a guest post for her again, I was honored! I had a blast last year with my sugar spun nails

Since I do mostly nail art on my blog, Karine wanted me to do some nail art for all of you using my favorite technique! Therefore, I have a fun striping tape mani today! I absolutely love striping tape! It's my go-to nail art method because it's easy to use and you can finish with some really amazing looking designs created with just a small roll of tape! I buy my striping tape on Amazon and it's super cheap for a ton of tape!

For these nails, I began with a base of two coats of ellagee's Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel, a soft pinkish lilac with a really fine holographic shimmer. 

ellagee Heaven Must Be Missing an Angel


I then used my striping tape to create a criss-cross design on my nails. I did two diagonal parallel lines one way and two diagonal parallel lines the opposite way. 

Striping Tape Nail Art Tutorial

I then used two more holographic ellagees, Purple Haze and The Hottest Spot North of Havana. I also used a small nail art brush, also purchased from Amazon. I use these a lot when I'm doing intricate art or trying to polish in a small space. I used my small brush to polish Purple Haze and The Hottest Spot North of Havana inside the striping tape areas. I polished one color in the middle and the other color in the lines around it. I also alternated the colors on each nail. The most important part about using striping tape is that you pull it off as soon as you are done polishing over it. I did one nail at a time, pulling the tape off as soon as I was done with that nail. 

A special thanks to Karine for letting me take over today! Be sure to pop over to my blog or Facebook for a visit! Enjoy! :)

Striping Tape Nail Art

Striping Tape Nail Art

Striping Tape Nail Art

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I've tried doing that myself before, but it turned out really sloppy! It looks easy, but I had no idea what I was doing! LOL

    www.hudasbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...