My lovely readers/ Mes superbes lectrices

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Guest Post by A Little Polish


Hey lovelies! It's time for Stephanie from A Little Polish to take over my blog. We met over a year ago in the Nail Challenge Collaborative, where we got to bond over each other nail art. I love what she prepared for you ladies and will definitely give it a try. Thank you Steph!
***

Hello Loves! This is Stephanie over from A Little Polish. I was really honored when Karine asked me to do a guest post for her while she is travelling; her nails always look awesome, she is super created and we have become nail friends for a while now through our participation in the Nail Challenge Collaborative.

Karine asked me to share with you my favorite type of nail art so I knew exactly what I wanted to do. If you read my blog you know it as a striped gradient, but I have also heard people describe it as tie die/drip mani.




This is the final look, but let me show you how I got there so you can do this for yourself, and trust me, its SUPER easy so everyone can do it.

For this mani, you need between 3-4 polishes (I prefer opaque colors), striping nail art brush or small brush from your normal polish and a topcoat. I have used 4 colors for this version, but you can check out a 3 color version here.

Step 1: Apply a base coat all over. I like to start with one of my lighter colors so that the rest of the colors show up well. In this case, I used Sally Hansen, Lacey Lilac:


Step 2: With your striping brush/striping polish, apply your second color in thin lines over about 2/3's of the nail. I like to include white in my striped gradients, so I used Kiss, White:


Step 3: Apply your third striping color in random thin lines over about 1/2 of the nail. For this mani, I used Funky Fingers, Cheshire:


Step 4: Apply your fourth and final color on the bottom 1/3rd of your nail. I like to let this be the darkest color, but it really doesn't matter. I used OPI, Linkin Park After Dark. Once you have your final color on, clean up around the nail if needed and use a topcoat (I used Out The Door)


What I really love about this look is that is gives a super cool effect without being difficult to execute and since the stripes are random, precision isn't required. I always get lots of compliments when I wear this nail art out.

Here is a step by step tutorial for when YOU try this mani:


I want to thank Karine again for having me as a guest blogger and I hope you enjoyed this mani. If you end up trying it out, please share it with us!


8 comments:

  1. This is such a cool look, I will definitely be trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I am so gonna try this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome look! I love it so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for having me guest post! Hope you're having a fun time on holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the simplicity of this design! I need to try it out now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool!! You make it look so easy! I definitely have to try this :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read all of your comments and try my best to answer to most of them. Thank you so much so making this blog lively and following its journey :) please do not spam with your blog address. I will be glad to check it if you send me an email :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...